5 Tips for Troublesome Toenails
Do you suffer from toenails that are painful and difficult to cut? This could be because the nails are thick, curved or brittle.
When cutting your nails at home it is important to remember these 5 tips:
1. Always trim your toe nails straight across, not down the sides of your nails
2. Use appropriate sized clippers and frequently keep them disinfected with alcohol wash
3. Do not cut your toenails too short, this will help avoid ingrown toenails
4. Smooth edges and corners using a file
5. Small cuts along the nail is recommended
If you have curved nails that are difficult to cut or other health problems such as diabetes it is best to have your feet checked by a podiatrist. Diabetes Australia recommends regular podiatry visits to monitor circulation and nerve function that may be affected by Diabetes.